IMAGINE! The right university right here, close to home.
DISCOVER! The right opportunity, right here.
SUCCEED! Achieve, grow and contribute, right here.
Cochise Cats will provide programs, services, and information to assist students in obtaining a bachelor’s degree by successfully transferring from Cochise College to The University of Arizona South.
Cochise Cats is a partnership between Cochise College and The University of Arizona South, facilitating retention, transfer, and graduation for students from Cochise College to UA Sierra Vista, UA Douglas, and UA Santa Cruz. It has been designed to provide services and information in obtaining an associate degree at Cochise College and transferring to The University of Arizona to obtain a bachelor degree. In addition to traditional degree programs in education, computer science, humanities and the social sciences, UA South offers Bachelor of Applied Science programs, Master’s programs in education, and a variety of continuing education programs designed to meet the workforce needs of regional industry.
One of the most important components of participating in the Cochise Cats program is establishing early relationships with the advising communities at both institutions. The staff, faculty, and administrators of Cochise College and The University of Arizona South encourage students to take full advantage of the opportunities that await them.
Why Cochise Cats?
Because we make it easy to start at Cochise College, finish at UA. Seamlessly! Imagine That!
The Arizona Transfer Admissions Pathway Agreements provide official articulated degree pathways between Cochise College and the University of Arizona.
- Local, affordable, accessible
- Smooth, painless, informative transfer process from Cochise college
- Personalized support and care every step of the way
- Advisors collaborate from both institutions to ensure students are prepared for transfer
- Learn about academic programs designed to meet workforce needs
- Build your “dream team” from Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid and Military/VA
- Learn about transfer scholarships
Benefits of CC-UAS pathway VS University campus:
- Save over $20,000 on tuition/fees (50% cost savings)
- Local scholarships – Over $100k awarded by UA South yearly
- Convenient course schedule
*Evenings one night a week, Online, Hybrid – one week online, one week face-to-face
- Small, personal environment
*Average class size, face-to-face = 11
*Average class size, online = 20 *Average student/full-time faculty = 23:1
The University of Arizona South aims to continually renew the commitment to collaborate with the region’s school districts and community colleges, to innovate using technology, to enhance student learning and program availability, and to provide timely educational opportunities that are affordable, relevant, of the quality that is the hallmark of a University of Arizona degree.